Position: Head of AI/ML
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Reports to: President
zvelo is seeking an individual responsible for the invention, analysis, and deployment of new machine learning techniques and services for web content classification, malicious and phishing detection. This individual will build and guide the efforts of a team focusing on NLP, text and semantic analysis, computer vision, algorithms, machine learning and artificial intelligence for automated categorization of web content and unstructured data (text, tweets, user comments, blogs) and malicious/phishing and other exploit detection by zvelo’s automated categorization systems. This is a unique opportunity for an individual passionate about innovation in machine learning, and AI. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility and flexibility.
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-starter, independent worker, outward facing energetic personality, great communicator and opinionated, yet a team player.
- Define, lead, facilitate, develop and manage the overall technical direction and technical roadmap of all AI/ML systems and processes of the organization. Must have the skills to assess how AI/ML capabilities can best be applied to complex business situations.
- Provide technical mentoring and technical guidance to other AI team members within zvelo to ensure the AI team is meeting all requirements around agreed upon targeted KPIs.
- Experience in modern AI/ML/Deep Learning approaches (NMT, NLP, Computer Vision, multi-agent systems), tools, and advanced proficiency with at least one of the following statistical computing languages such as Python, R, MATLAB, SAS. And, proficiency in at least one of the following – GoLang, Scala, Java, C++.
- Passion for scalable computing (processing millions of requests per hour), self-healing, production AI/ML systems – and the skills to design, build, & maintain these types of systems.
- Deep experience in measuring, experimenting and tuning systems and algorithms as well as implementing adaptive techniques based on machine learning.
- Proven experience in identifying relevant algorithms and processes for data-driven solutions, as well as providing logic or design input to engineering to code those identified to produce actionable results.
- Must effectively collaborate with Engineering, Cybersecurity, Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership teams to create AI/ML algorithmic and data-driven solutions, as well as to assist with establishing current and long-term business, technical and product strategy.
- Strong openness and willingness to proactively collaborate with other teams to meet requirements ensuring that the delivery of products and services that surpass performance (quality metrics), scalability, availability, security, and throughput goals, as well as the ability to assess risk and probability of success for new research.
- Have experience with interacting, administering, or working with: Linux, open source software, Amazon/Google Cloud Services.
- Experience with automated cloud deployments such as docker containers, kubernetes, circle ci, jenkins, mesos/marathon.
- Someone who is excited about discovering insights from very large amounts of data.
- A solid foundation of how the internet works (web sites, web servers, DNS, networking, etc).
- Experience and familiarity with the cybersecurity industry.
- Candidate must be based in the Denver area or willing to relocate to the Denver area.
- Self-starter, independent worker, outward facing energetic personality and great communicator.
The Following Would Be Ideal:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Economics with a focus in AI/ML.
- 8+ years of work experience, with at least 5+ years as Senior AI Engineer or AI Architect that has lead teams at a technical level.
- Experience or knowledge with many AI/ML implementations/solutions/libraries such as sklearn, scipy, spaCy, nltk, stanfordNLP, weka, tensorflow, Caffe, pytorch, OpenCV, as well as traditional AI/ML tools/algorithms.
- Expert level ability at producing quality papers and blogs on AI/ML and analysis related to AI/ML arena.
- Experience working with an agile-based system, working with software engineering teams and within a github-based workflow.
- Deep understanding of computer science: data structures, algorithms and their complexities, object oriented programming, test based design, functional programming, distributed systems.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and incentive pay-based compensation
- Stock options
- A generous benefits program (premiums paid 100% for you and your dependents)
- FlexPTO – Unlimited PTO
- Company sponsored lunches
- Great location
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Ability to affect change throughout the company
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of web security detection and classification services for content, traffic, and devices. zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based web security and contextual categorizations with sophisticated malicious and fraud detection capabilities that our customers integrate into network and endpoint security, URL and DNS filtering, brand safety, and other applications where data quality, accuracy, and detection rates are critical.
Typical office type of environment. Frequent virtual communication with international offices. Some travel to industry events and customer locations.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email a cover letter detailing career highlights and your résumé to [email protected] Please ensure that the job title is in the subject line.Apply Now