Position: Head of Cybersecurity Product Strategy
Department: Business Development
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Reports to: President
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of contextual, malicious, phishing, and security detection and classification services for web content, traffic, and devices. zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based contextual and semantic categorizations with sophisticated malicious and fraud detection capabilities that our customers integrate into network and endpoint security, URL and DNS filtering, brand safety, and other applications where data quality, accuracy, and detection rates are critical.
zvelo is actively looking for a Head of Cybersecurity Product Strategy to lead the Company’s product strategy and product management activities. In this role, you will work with the organization to develop products and capabilities that create unique and sustainable competitive advantages for the company’s cybersecurity services. You will own the complete product cycle from conception to service release through collaboration with sales, marketing, engineering, support teams, etc to define the most compelling offerings for the target customers in the Company’s network security, analytics, and ad tech markets. You will constantly interview the business, sales, marketing and customer-facing teams to devise ways to help and clearly, comprehensively document these needs to ensure efficiency when developing business justifications, product requirements and test/release plans. You will care about product implementation and adoption.
At zvelo, you will interact with customers and colleagues who care passionately about the delivery of the market’s highest quality web security categorization, malicious & phishing detection, and related data services, combined with the unmatched responsiveness. Accuracy, performance and scalability are critical to the markets zvelo serves. The zvelo work environment focuses on collaboration, teamwork and rewards success.
An understanding of topics including encryption, ToH, ToD, ESNI and the impact the adoption of these technologies will have on the future of cybersecurity will be critical to your success.
In particular, you will need to have an innate curiosity, passion for cybersecurity, and a hunger to make a mark on a company with your contributions.
- Liaise between customers, engineering, sales, marketing, support teams, and zvelo management to define the product strategy, product plans and roadmap that will provide the most compelling and sustainable competitive advantage for the next generation of network security that leverages the zvelo tech and data
- Create detailed product vision, strategy and roadmaps that are coordinated with and have the full support and commitment of sales, marketing, engineering, and operations
- Understand and be able to formulate a product strategy for market adoption of a tech-stack business model
- Write clear, comprehensive business justifications, product requirements and lead the efforts to take products through the process from conception to release with the full commitment across the organization
- Create high level SRS “stories” and maintain product backlog in an agile workflow
- Track, measure and communicate product plans
- Define product characteristics used for quality control and metrics
- Monitor product quality in development and delivery
- Participate fully to identify major risks to the project and strive for mitigation
- Create ROI analysis, pricing strategies and price schedules for the Company’s products and services
- Be a true Product Owner in an agile environment that utilizes Kanban-like business practices
- Provide ongoing competitor and SWOT analysis in the Company’s current and planned product areas
- Evangelize the company’s offerings
- Build relationships with customers to garner feedback for development of product offerings
- Actively and professionally represent zvelo in the Network Security, App, Analytics and related ecosystems, including forums and conferences
- Willing/able to challenge the status quo
- Keeps informed of the latest industry news, trends, products, services, competitors and relevant existing and emerging technologies
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years product management in the cybersecurity industry, including at least 3 at a senior or director level position with full responsibility for a product line or offering
- Experience with agile methodologies and workflows
- Advanced knowledge at least one of the following areas: Encryption, ToD, ToH, Browsers, AWS/SOA Platforms
- Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following markets: Network Security, Big Data Subscriber Analytics, Mobile App Security
- Experience managing multiple products with competing priorities
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- High-level of experience participating in development projects especially with writing and overseeing requirements
- Experience interacting with technical teams, including software engineers and web developers
- Experience with A/B testing, customer experiments, and customer collaboration in product definition
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Expertise in several of the following areas: Encryption, ToD, ToH, Browsers, AWS/SOA Platforms, Network Security, Big Data Subscriber Analytics, Mobile App Security, Cybersecurity
- Experience and professional network within marketing software industry, digital media and/or ad technology
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers and external thought leaders
- Passionate about cybersecurity, technology, innovation and high-growth businesses
- Software development experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- A generous benefits program (premiums paid 100% for you and your family)
- FlexPTO – Unlimited PTO
- Company sponsored lunches and/or breakfast (frequency varies based on location)
- Great location
Typical office type of environment with frequent virtual communication with international offices. Some travel to industry events and customer locations.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email a cover letter detailing executive and related career highlights and a résumé to [email protected]. Please ensure that the job title is in the subject line.