Position: Principal Software Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Report to: VP of Engineering and Data Operations
Here at zvelo, we process over 1 billion requests every day from across the globe. This type of volume allows zvelo to instrument, collect, process, transform and analyze an enormous amount of data. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will use your technical, personal, organizational skills and experience to lead, plan, design, develop and assist with the maintenance of our internal and external service oriented (aka microservices) applications and services that handle these large volumes of requests. You will be expected to solve some of our most challenging problems and contribute to the success of zvelo.
We are looking for a person that can be that highly skilled hands on developer as well as a person who can act as a guide/mentor to the team and take ownership of the deliverables assigned to the team. This person will be be directly involved in problem solving and resolution of day-to-day design issues as well as assisting other developers with their challenges that they may not be able to solve on their own. This position will translate the business requirements and high-level architecture to software design that they and other developers will code to. This person will play a key role in ensuring that all requirements are delivered on time to meet expectations.
This person will be a bridge between Engineering and Data Operations and will be expected to work closely with the Data Operations team to ensure clear communication of what is coming down the pipeline, review system architecture/deployment design, ensure all code that is running in production is meeting the expected results, as well as proactively collaborate with the Data Operations team on new technologies that will be introduced early on in the process.
- Energetic and opinionated, yet a team player and allow others to contribute to the overall plan; ability to leave the ego at the door and disagree but support the final decision even though it may not be their proposal that is being accepted
- Highly collaborative; strong desired to deliver products/features within set milestones and also push other engineers to have the same desires
- Must have the ability to interact with other engineers by providing mentoring and guidance (through code reviews, design reviews, best practices and technical vision) while being still very hands-on and capable of deep diving into implementation details
- Enjoys working in agile environments and open source software
- Raises the bar for quality by reviewing others’ code and grows from constructive criticism
- Lives for test/behavior driven development with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and programming.
- Senior level or Principal level proficiency in at least two of the following programming languages – Golang, C, C++, Python.
- A strong foundation in data structures and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, and concurrent programming
- Experience with developing scalable platforms and services
- Familiarity with message queuing systems (eg: NSQ, 0MQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with developing scalable platforms that connect to and interact with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), caching databases (Memcached, Redis), and NoSQL/horizontally distributed databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Extensive familiarity with Linux & Git
- Familiar with utilizing Amazon AWS services such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- Experience with building modular and manageable code.
- Golang expert.
- Experienced with developing security related services/applications specifically in the domain realm of Web Security, Internet Security, SIEMs, or Network Security
- Experienced with Docker, Docker image creation, Google protocol buffers, CI, Slack to name a few.
- Working with and creating pipelines for big data
- Experienced developing various services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Extremely strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Experienced developing for multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experienced designing/developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful (experience with protobufs/gRPC is a plus)
- Experienced with infrastructure and systems engineering
- Experienced deploying/scaling platforms that run on AWS or other similar cloud providers
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- A generous benefits program (premiums paid 100% for you and your family)
- Company sponsored lunches and/or breakfast (frequency varies based on location)
- Great location
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Small teams, you will have lots of opportunities to affect change throughout the company
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of categorization and malicious detection services for web content, traffic and connected devices. Our mission is to make the internet safer and more secure.
zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based contextual categorizations with sophisticated malicious detection capabilities to provide a wide range of data services that our customers integrate for web filtering, IoT and endpoint security, brand safety, and fraud prevention solutions.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email their résumé, as well as a cover letter detailing executive and related career highlights to [email protected].Apply Now