Position: AI Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Reports to: Head of AI/ML
zvelo is seeking an AI/ML engineer with experience creating innovative techniques and services utilizing NLP, text and semantic analysis, computer vision, algorithms, machine learning and artificial intelligence for automated categorization of web content, unstructured content (tweets, posts) and malicious/phishing detection.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience in modern AI/ML/Deep learning approaches, tools, and advanced proficiency with at least one statistical computing language such as Python, R, MATLAB, SAS. And proficiency in at least one of the following — GoLang, Scala, Java, C++.
- Passion for scalable computing (processing millions of requests per hour), self-healing, production AI/ML systems — and the skills to design, build, & maintain these types of systems.
- Perform model validation activities including identification of model risks and development of benchmark models.
- Conduct research in one or more areas – content classification, malicious detection, phishing detection, endpoint security, training and testing datasets.
- Deep experience in measuring, experimenting and tuning systems and algorithms as well as implementing adaptive techniques based on machine learning.
- Proven experience in identifying relevant algorithms and processes for data-driven solutions, as well as providing logic or design input to engineering to code those identified to produce actionable results.
- Must effectively collaborate with Engineering, Cybersecurity and other teams to create AI/ML algorithmic and data-driven solutions, including prototypes of models which demonstrate research work.
- Strong openness and willingness to proactively collaborate with other teams to meet requirements ensuring that the delivery of products and services that surpass performance (quality metrics), scalability, availability, security, and throughput goals.
- Have experience with interacting, administering, or working with: Linux, open source software, Amazon/Google Cloud Services.
- Experience with automated cloud deployments such as docker containers, kubernetes, circle ci, jenkins, mesos/marathon is preferred.
- Someone who has the personality and the ability to figure out how to connect the dots of very large sets of data and has a solid foundation of how the internet works (web sites, web servers, DNS, networking, etc.).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work a variable schedule as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Self-starter, independent worker, yet a team player.
- Candidate must be based in the Denver area or willing to relocate to the Denver area.
The Following Would Be Ideal:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics with a focus of AI/ML.
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably as an AI/ML engineer.
- Experience or knowledge with many AI/ML implementations/solutions/libraries such as sklearn, scipy, spaCy, nltk, stanfordNLP, weka, tensorflow, Caffe, pytorch, OpenCV, as well as traditional AI/ML tools/algorithms.
- Experience producing quality papers and blogs on AI/ML and analysis related to AI/ML arena.
- Experience working with an agile-based system, working with software engineering teams and within a github-based workflow.
- Understanding of computer science: data structures, algorithms and their complexities, object oriented programming, test based design, functional programming, distributed systems.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- A generous benefits program (premiums paid 100% for you and your dependents)
- FlexPTO – Unlimited PTO
- Company sponsored lunches
- Great location
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Ability to affect change throughout the company
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of web security detection and classification services for content, traffic, and devices. zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based web security and contextual categorizations with sophisticated malicious and fraud detection capabilities that our customers integrate into network and endpoint security, URL and DNS filtering, brand safety, and other applications where data quality, accuracy, and detection rates are critical.
Typical office type of environment. Frequent virtual communication with international offices. Some travel to industry events and customer locations.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email a cover letter detailing career highlights and your résumé to [email protected] Please ensure that the job title is in the subject line.Apply Now