Position: Senior Product Marketing
Department: Business Development
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Report to: Head of Sales & Marketing
zvelo is actively looking for a Senior Product Marketing to lead the Company’s product strategy and management activities. In this role, you will lead the efforts to create the product strategy, messaging and positioning for the Company’s categorization and security offerings, establish timelines and pricing for new products, and lead the creation of sales and marketing collateral. You will own the complete product cycle from conception to service release through collaboration with sales, marketing, engineering, project managers, support teams, etc to define the most compelling offerings for the Company’s markets. You will have responsibility for researching the market’s requirements and competitor’s offerings to ensure strong differentiation and market leadership.
At zvelo, you will interact with customers and colleagues who care passionately about the delivery of the market’s most accurate and comprehensive content categorization, and web/connected-device security offerings. Accuracy, performance and scalability are critical to these high-growth markets and you must have critical analytical skills in these areas. The zvelo work environment focuses on collaboration, teamwork and rewards success. Opinions and ideas are always welcome, in fact, they are encouraged!
What We’re Looking For:
- Expertise in developing product messaging that differentiates new products from others in the market
- Effectively communicate the value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Plan and take part in the launch of new products
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products and take part in presentations
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas
- Establish timescales for development of new products with engineering and other departments
- Use market research data to determine product pricing
- Work with marketing to create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy, podcasts and blog posts
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences
- Test new products
- Propose and keep within a budget
- Research competitor offerings and react when appropriate
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager, you will work with teams across your organization. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Communication skills: Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- 7+ years product marketing, including at least 3 at a senior or director level position with full responsibility for strategy of a product line or offering
- Network, endpoint or cybersecurity industry expertise
- Successful track record creating thought leadership for product offerings
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- High-level of experience participating in development projects especially with writing and overseeing requirements
- Experience interacting with technical teams, including software engineers and web developers
- Create detailed product visions, strategy and roadmaps that are coordinated with and have the full support and commitment of sales, marketing, engineering, and operations
- Track, measure and communicate product plans
- Define product characteristics used for quality control and metrics
- Monitor product quality in development and delivery
- Create ROI analysis, pricing strategies and price schedules for the Company’s products and services
- Provide ongoing competitor and SWOT analysis in the Company’s current and planned product areas
- Evangelize the company’s offerings
- Build relationships with customers to garner feedback for development of product offerings
- Keeps informed of latest industry news, trends, products, services, competitors and relevant existing and emerging technologies
What We Offer:
- Innovative, client-focused, transparent, collaborative and results-oriented culture
- Competitive salary and incentive pay-based compensation
- Stock options
- A generous benefits program (health insurance premiums paid 100% for you and your family)
- Company sponsored weekly lunches
- Great location (in Denver Tech Center, near Light Rail and world-class outdoor lifestyle and activities)
- Typical office type of environment with bullpen configuration
- Limited travel to events or customer/prospect meetings
- Teleconference and/or Video conference calls
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of categorization and malicious detection services for web content, traffic and connected devices. Our mission is to make the internet safer and more secure.
zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based contextual categorizations with sophisticated malicious detection capabilities to provide a wide range of data services that our customers integrate for web filtering, IoT and endpoint security, brand safety, and fraud prevention solutions.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email their résumé, as well as a cover letter detailing executive and related career highlights to [email protected].Apply Now