Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Denver, Colorado (Denver Tech Center) (map)
Reports to: VP of Engineering
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your skills and experience to plan, design, develop, and maintain all of our internal and external microservices applications and services. You will be expected to solve some of our most challenging problems.
This is a key position which requires proactiveness, clear communication and responsiveness. This position requires someone who enjoys working in an environment that utilizes new technologies (AI, ML, Malicious Detection, Cloud Infrastructure). The person who fills this role will have the skills to proactively collaborate and take the initiative from cradle to grave in a fast paced, quick response environment. In this role you will wear multiple hats and be part of the on call rotation to ensure maximum uptime and availability of all production systems and services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Energetic team player who excels working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Enjoys working in agile environments with open source software.
- Raises the bar for quality by reviewing others’ code and grows from constructive criticism.
- Lives for test/behavior-driven development with continuous integration/deployment.
- Possesses a strong foundation and understanding of data structures, threads, synchronization, and concurrent programming.
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and programming.
- High Proficiency in at least two of the following programming languages – Golang, Java, C++, Python.
- Experience developing scalable platforms and services.
- Familiarity with message queuing systems (eg: NSQ, RabbitMQ).
- Experience developing scalable platforms that connect to and interact with relational databases (PostgreSQL), caching databases (Memcached, Redis), and NoSQL/horizontally distributed databases (DynamoDB).
- Extensive familiarity with Linux & Git.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes & Helm.
- Familiarity utilizing Amazon AWS services such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- Experience building modular and manageable code.
Ideal Candidate Would Have Experience with the Following:
- CI/CD, Slack.
- Developing security related services/applications specifically in the domain realm of Web Security, Internet Security, SIEMs, or Network Security.
- Creating pipelines for big data.
- Developing in a Microservices architecture.
- Developing for multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments.
- Designing/developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful.
- Infrastructure and systems engineering.
- Deploying/scaling platforms that run on AWS or other similar cloud providers.
What We Offer:
- Innovative, client-focused, transparent, collaborative and results-oriented culture.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- FlexPTO – Unlimited PTO.
- A generous benefits program (premiums paid 100% for you and your dependents).
- Company sponsored lunches.
- Great location and office environment (in Denver Tech Center, near Light Rail and world-class outdoor lifestyle and activities).
- Ability to affect change throughout the company.
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of malicious detection, objectionable and content classification services with the mission of making the Internet safer and more secure. zvelo combines advanced artificial intelligence-based contextual categorization with sophisticated malicious and fraud detection capabilities that our customers integrate into network and endpoint security, URL and DNS filtering, brand safety, and other applications where data quality, accuracy, and detection rates are critical.
We highly encourage interested and qualified professionals to email their résumé, as well as a cover letter detailing executive and related career highlights to [email protected].