Innovations and market demand fuel success
Greenwood Village, Colorado – February 6, 2014 – zvelo, Inc., a leading provider of contextual categorization and malicious detection services for the OEM market, reported record revenues, profits and growth in 2013 from the increased adoption of the company’s zveloDB® URL database and zveloCAT® content categorization engine. zvelo experienced strong growth across all of its target markets, including network security, online advertising, big data analytics and mobile.
Highlights for the year included:
- Revenue for 2013 increased 58% over 2012, representing the 4th consecutive year with strong double digit revenue growth
- Gross Margin in 2013 was 94% of revenues
- Net Income reached a record percent of revenue
- The company closed the highest number of new OEM accounts and started the most product evaluations of any year
- zvelo experienced record growth in the number of URL queries, URL categorizations, malicious and ad-fraud detections during the year
- zvelo released the zveloCAT real-time contextual content categorization engine, providing content categorization, language detection, sentiment analysis, named entity recognition and more features in a high-performance, locally-deployable software offering
- zvelo also released the v4 category set, with 500 categories for full IAB Tier 2 taxonomy support and the pioneering “category mapping” feature for seamless migration and deployment of the zveloDB URL database
- The company has no debt and funds growth and expansion through its positive cash flow
- Due to the company’s strength of performance, zvelo will continue with its share repurchase program initiated earlier in 2013
“The successes of zvelo were largely attributed to the innovations and contributions from our employees, who have a passionate commitment to being the market leader in contextual categorization,” stated CEO, Jeff Finn. “We are excited about the prospects for the future and continuing to provide the best and most responsive services to our OEM partners.”
About zvelo, Inc.
zvelo is a leading provider of contextual categorization technologies and databases, malicious website and ad fraud detection services. zvelo licenses its zveloDB URL database and zveloCAT contextual categorization engine exclusively through Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partnerships. OEMs include online advertising and advertiser brand safety technology providers, big data analytics vendors, service providers, endpoint security vendors, network security vendors, content and URL filtering vendors, and other high growth market segments where contextual content categorization accuracy, responsiveness, coverage, malicious website detection and fast URL query performance are required.