Collection and Use of Information
zvelo does not collect personally identifiable information (e.g., postal address, email address, telephone number) about you unless you choose to provide it to us through an online form, via e-mail, or you are accessing client-specific, secure content via our zvelo Services (see below). Typically, our clients or prospective clients provide us with personal contact information for the purposes of inquiring about products and services. We will use this information for the purposes in which you provided it and will store that information for a reasonable time for legitimate business purposes.
Our Website also automatically creates logs regarding visits to zvelo.com, such as features that are used, actions that are taken, and the information that is accessed. We generally use this information in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of our Website and to better understand the ways our Website is used and navigated.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies. Like many website owners and operators, we use automated data collection tools such as Cookies and Web Beacons to collect certain information.
Personal Data Privacy & GDPR
California Residents’ Privacy
If you are a California resident, you may ask for a list of third parties that have received your information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of information shared. We provide this list at no cost. We do not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Users From Outside The United States
By using our Website or our Services, you:
If you are in Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under data protection law.
- Transfers to the U.S. and Third Countries. If you are established in Switzerland or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you understand and acknowledge that zvelo may transfer your personal data outside of Switzerland and the EEA for processing. Upon your explicit written request, zvelo may execute Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission for the benefit of the customer (“Customer SCCs”) in order to ensure adequate protection for the Personal Data in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The terms “Personal Data,” “Process/Processing,” “Controller,” “Processor,” “Subprocessor,” and “Data Subject” will have the meanings ascribed to them in the EU Data Protection Directive.
- Other Rights
- You can access and review information associated with your account at any time. You also can request the following information: how we collect and use your information and why; the categories of personal data involved; the categories of recipients of your personal data; how we received your personal data; and how long we use or store your personal data or the manner in which we determine relevant retention periods.
- You also have a right to correct your personal data. In certain situations, you can ask that we erase or stop using your information (and object to use of your personal data) or export your data.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent. At any time, you can request that we stop using your information for direct marketing purposes.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal data after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- If you wish to exercise these rights, please submit a Privacy Inquiry to zvelo Support via our Contact Page.
This section explains what and how zvelo collects, uses, stores and protects the information gathered from our zvelo Services. The zvelo Services are licensed by prospects and customers for use in querying the zvelo databases and/or submitting content for categorization and malicious detection.
Collection and Use of Information
zvelo generally collects personally identifiable information from customers and prospective customers and requires that they use zvelo-issued License Credentials in order to use the zvelo Services. We will use this information in order to create and maintain billing and other business records and for other legitimate purposes and will generally store this information so long as we maintain a business relationship with our client and for a reasonable time after the termination of the business relationship.
Our zvelo Services collect non-personally identifiable information. For example, our zvelo Services automatically create logs on the queries you make, the content you submit and the data sets you access, obtain or generate when using the zvelo Services. We generally use this information in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of our zvelo Services and to make it better and easier to use.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies and you may manually disable them. For more information on disabling cookies, go to the “help” menu on your browser. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
This section explains our collection and usage practices with respect to the information gathered by our Technology. Our Technology is what is used by our zvelo categorization engines, malicious detection systems and other tools we utilize to process your queries and content submissions in order to provide access to and/or generate data sets.
Collection and Use of Information
We do not collect personally identifiable information via our Technology. We do collect and store a wide range of data sets on the attributes of URLs and unstructured content that is queried or submitted for processing. We use this information in order for our Technology to provide zvelo Services to our customers, and we may share this information with our customers for use with their applications.
In some cases, we utilize cookies to enhance the performance and effectiveness of our Technology and zvelo Services. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, some of our Technology may not function properly.
Additional Privacy Information Applicable to all zvelo Websites and Services
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has supplied personally identifiable information to us via the Technology without his/her parent’s consent, we will use reasonable attempts to ensure that this information is deleted from our system.
Disclosure of Information by zvelo
As mentioned above, we use the information collected via the Technology in order to provide our zvelo Services to our customers, and we may share this information with our customers as part of our offerings.
We may also use and/or share such information as described below:
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and hosting services. These other companies will have access to such information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our products and services, we may analyze such information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of such information with any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, such information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose such information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
zvelo reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy, at any time. It is your responsibility to check this policy periodically for any changes. Your continued use of the zvelo Services after the effective date of any changes will constitute your acceptance of all of the changes.