Blazing Performance and Enhanced Cloud API in New Release of SiteFilter SDK for OEM
Version 2.2 of Flagship SiteFilter Software Development Kit Unveiled
Broomfield, Colo. – July 29, 2008 – eSoft, Inc., a leading vendor of OEM technologies for the Internet security and content management markets, announced today that it is releasing version 2.2 of its flagship SiteFilter Software Development Kit (SDK).
eSoft’s SiteFilter offering, with over 100 million URLs in 53 categories and growing daily, together with eSoft’s unique ability to team a high-performance local database with rapid “cloud-based” look-up and real-time classification, provides hardware and software vendors and service providers with a cost-effective way to improve and extend their existing content filtering and security technologies.
With version 2.2, eSoft has added or improved the following:
- Easier integration: SDK is even easier to integrate into existing environments with programming interfaces for connecting to C, C++, Perl, Java, and more
- Enhanced normalization: The kit normalizes URLs in multiple ways when different web servers might interpret the same URL differently
- Licensing: Custom license enforcement available on cloud-based look-ups so service may be turned on or off on a per-user basis when licenses are added or expired
- Performance: Various performance enhancements to the URL lookup engine mean the SDK can handle over 800,000 URL lookups per second
- Enhanced Custom Databases: Partners can now add value to the product with their own unlimited-size URL lists by leveraging eSoft’s ultra-fast database for identifying best match URLs plus up to 64 custom categories
“With this release, eSoft continues to remain ahead of competitors in the OEM web filtering space,” said Patrick Walsh, Director of Product Management and Marketing. “eSoft’s SiteFilter SDK is the puzzle piece vendors have been looking for to address secure web filtering to combat Web 2.0 threats and enforce Internet usage policies.”