What drives organizational web filtering?
Network administrators and businesses install web filtering on networks for a variety of reasons ranging from compliance and legal requirements to worker productivity issues. To gain some insight, zvelo surveyed network administrators, customers, readers, and security professionals to identify the most important drivers behind web filtering.
According to the results of the survey below, the primary purposes for web filtering in an organization are:
- to block access to phishing and malicious websites
- prevent harassment lawsuits and liability issues
- tackle productivity issues
- compliance or legal mandate
- morality & values/child protection