A Presentation From the zvelo Cybersecurity Team
This video presentation shares insights and trends in observed potentially malicious online behavior around the Coronavirus pandemic. During this presentation you will see a timeline of the global Coronavirus pandemic along with data which quantifies increasing numbers of coronavirus related domains on the web. From the data, we share several emerging trends with detailed examples observed by zvelo’s cybersecurity team including geographical naming, redirection to potentially malicious content, domain ages, and malicious traffic via third parties. The presentation wraps up with some high-level conclusions and, as always, several recommendations and best practices for internet safety and security.
Top 5 Recommendations from zvelo’s Cybersecurity Team
- Know that there are unsavory actors out there trying to take advantage of this situation.
- Use your gut — if an email or phone call sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Be wary of filling out random forms that ask for an email — that is the gateway to phishing.
- Be careful what you click on — learn how to view link source (mismatches are an indicator).
- Use a VPN at home, at the coffee shop, in the airport, or wherever you are.